Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Then something Tookish...

So just to clarify my choice of URL for this blog (not that anyone was asking for clarification about my URL) it comes from one of my favorite books of all time "The Hobbit." The hobbit is very much a homebody but is invited to go on an adventure. He is very hesitant but... "Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking stick."

I know it sounds so silly, but I really identify with the hobbit right now. I love the life I have...the people, the places, the interactions...I cannot deny that I am immensely blessed right where I am. In a lot of ways I'm quite the homebody too. But sometimes...I want more. I want to go to the places I read and hear about and see them for myself. I want to go on an adventure and experience things firsthand.

Well, friends, my adventure begins this Tuesday at 3 am when we all take off for the airport together. The only thing that makes me sad is that I can't bring all the people I love with me. At the same time I know I'm not even remotely close to being alone...in addition to the other really awesome students and staff who will be on the trip with us, my best friend will be with me too ( Matthew 28:20b And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age). And thanks to Skype and email and blogs I can keep in touch with all those I love back home. So hopefully the next time I post will be from somewhere is China. Till then I will be packing, cleaning and spending every minute possible with the people I love and will miss so much!

Talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. so excited for you. can't wait to see China through your eyes. be safe! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for you as well grace, I already bookmarked your blog and can't wait for the next posting! <3 to you!-- Caitlyn ( I couldnt figure out how to post using my name... as I have no blog)

    ReplyDelete